Tuesday, July 22, 2014

HONEYMOON

We met with a travel agent to help us narrow down our choices of where to go on our honeymoon. She was smitten and wouldn't stop talking about Jamaica and the Jamaican people, so Jamaica it was (we decided that night and it happened to be on my 30th birthday, talk about an exciting day)!!!! Neither of us has have been to the Caribbean Islands before, so we were looking forward to a new adventure together! We wanted to do the all-inclusive route with this trip, so we didn't have to worry about how much we were spending and boy, are we glad we did that! It was so worth it to not have to carry around a wallet/purse and we could eat/drink whatever our hearts desired! We stayed at Sandals Whitehouse and it was amazing! The staff were so friendly, the food was out of this world, the ocean water was perfect, there was more than enough to do and the views were stunning! We can't wait to go back, but think we will try another Sandals resort on a different island when we go visit Beverly (Paul's older sister who will be teaching in Columbia for 2 years starting this summer)! The only bummer about this trip was that this girl forgot a memory card for her brand new camera that she got for Christmas! (Oh and let's not forget Paul's bad sun burn on the 2nd day there!) Who forgets their memory card for their honeymoon?!?!! Man, was I so mad at myself! I took some photos on my phone (don't worry I had ZERO service, it was only on for photo purposes) and we purchased some photos that the resort photographers took. We had a favorite photographer, entertainer - she got us to play beach volleyball and had breakfast with us one morning, she was always so friendly and of course we had our favorite bartender, that we unfortunately didn't met until towards the end of our trip, but he was fun! I taught him how to make a "stoli around-the-world", only they don't have stoli, so it was called vodka around the world! I think one of my favorite parts about the trip was literally just hanging out in the same hammock we found on the beach. It was so peaceful and relaxing. I'd fall asleep every time with the waves crashing in the background! I could go on and on about all the things we loved! Oh, there were these shuffle boards and giant chess boards, so one afternoon, Paul taught me how to play chess, never was interested before and I won! Yeah! :) I think he was distracted by helping me, so I'll say it was beginners luck for sure, ha! 
Well, here are some highlights from the trip. When I figure out how to post a colleague of photos to save space on here I will do that, but I'm just learning the basics for now. (Yes, I know I got Tessie started back in '09 and I'm just now getting back to this! Pathetic, but excited to be blogging since there will be lots more to share on here coming soon!!!!) 

The only other time we were in the pool, we loved the beach more! The drinks they made us were delicious!
We only did 1 excursion because we wanted to be able to relax most of the trip and this was great! We took a catamaran out to this bar/hut in the middle of the ocean! They caught fish and lobster on the pier, which they then cooked for us! I had the lobster (thank goodness, because the fish had it's head and bones still on it when Paul got his fish! Yuck!) It was delicious! The boat people were certainly the entertainers on our way back!

On the catamaran ride heading out to Pelican Bar!


 One of my favorite spots - the hammock right on the beach!

 Lastly, a few shots from the professional photographer at the resort/on the island! We were there from Monday to Sunday, which was a nice amount of time, but I absolutely loved being there and was not ready to get back to reality - aka work! ;)




until next time Whitehouse . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment