Thursday, July 5, 2018

Emma: 12 Months - 16 Months

Year 2: Dec. 4th 2015 - April 2016

This year Emma started full blown walking around her first birthday. 

Her first time meeting Santa and didn't cry. Who doesn't love Santa?! ;) That's my girl! 
Paul got rear ended coming home from Hockey late at night, so we got a rental (before our Temecula trip) and got the Challenger! My new dream car!!!! Emma was cracking us up with her head jamming in the back seat while we cruised around one morning! Seriously loved driving this car! I like having a mom car/mid size SUV, but I think I am deep down a car girl, still holding out for the convertible one day. ;) Just like my daddy. 

"I believe I can fly", I mean dunk! She likes playing basketball! <3

Strolling on the Farm grounds at Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert while visiting with the IA friends in town. She just ran around for hours. 

First pig tails. <3

This was the first time I got to take Paul to my home town. This place holds a special place in my heart. We may have moved to AZ when I was 2, but we spent time there every summer growing up. More hours then I could ever count were spent riding through Buxton park/Simpson college on bikes with grandpa and sometimes grandma too. Emma enjoyed smelling all the beautiful flowers on the grounds of Simpson College (where my McGraw grandparents went, my parents, my dad's brothers, my mom's brother and 3 of my 4 IA cousins attended there as well!). I often thought I was going to go to college in IA (Hawkeye of course, sorry Harts) after the first year or two at the UofA, but Tucson stole my heart and so did all my friends I made there! We stayed with the Harts at the beginning of the trip, who took us to some wonderful bars in downtown Des Moines, but we just found out I was pregnant days before we left, so I was sober the whole trip. Good thing I enjoy my people! :) We finished the trip by staying with the Zimmermans in Indianola, showing Paul some of our "hot spots" and celebrating their son, Ian's wedding! Paul and I discovered a winery not too far from their home, so next time we will be making a stop there! :) The weather was beautiful and the company was as good as always! I love our Iowa people, they are such wonderful friends and their kids my age are just as wonderful! (I did start getting sick at the end of the trip, so that was not very fun! Only the Harts and Zimmermans made comments on me not drinking, but my parents did not figure it out, so we were able to surprise everyone about the pregnancy at a later time!) 




We got to meet up with my McGraw cousins (aka the Waterloo girls) and some of their children! We were just missing Tyler and his family. It's always so great to see my cousins, such wonderful memories during our summers in Iowa and AZ growing up always keep them close to my heart. I wish we lived closer, but appreciate the times we get to pick up where we left off!


No comments:

Post a Comment