Thursday, July 5, 2018

Emma's First Year Memories

Emma's 1st Year (since I became terrible at updating this I thought I better just do a first year post). She is literally the BEST baby ever! She sleeps like a champ, rarely is fussy, doesn't really have teething symptoms and is just so darn happy. :) She makes becoming parents SO easy and I couldn't have had a more perfect first year. Sorry for the lack of photos (current computer is limited)!


Mimi Marcia helped me make these letters - let's be honest, she did it all, I just helped pick the embellishments. The bedding was my favorite thing in her room. I loved the fabric, so bought extra to cover a small pillow, create bow boards, etc! I'll be so sad when it's time to give it away. 

She loved her swing and would take naps like a champ in it while we made lots of noise nearby! 


She got to play with Mimi once a week just by herself. We are so grateful that Mimi got this time with her the first two years and gave her all the love she did. 

Started crawling 7-6-2015, 7 months old! 

She finally realizes she is waving at herself. 💗

We were playing cards with Oma and Papa Brennan one night and she didn't want to go to sleep. For some reason we all started cracking up when we saw how serious she was being. True gaming competitor right there! Ha ha! 

This bear (Mr. Bear) was a gift from a broker at my dad's office, who we've known for a long time, Dick Tatlow. It was Emma's favorite along with Coco (pink and brown dog with blanket). 


Her first Birthday was spent going to Neil's mother's funeral (Paul's friend Neil from work, wonderful and sweet family), then we had family over for cupcakes and ice cream to celebrate this special girl!

Happy 1st Birthday Emma Elizabeth! 

We have had the worst luck with computers in this family. I lost pictures from the first few weeks on my old real estate laptop that crashed and can't be fixed. Then we were lucky to have my mom's old laptop handed down, which didn't last more than 6 months, those pictures were transferred to a new (cheap) laptop, thanks to Paul wanting to always spend smart on large items. (I appreciate it, but this time we got what we paid for. It doesn't work well, hence me not uploaded a ton of photos that we have from year one! Boo!) Let's hope we have some better luck going forward! 

I took the full 3 months of maternity leave from my job at Wells. Then I was able to take most Fridays off for awhile. We found a babysitter from word of month that stayed with us for Emma's first year and half. Emma was happy, so we were content. Once I started working 40 hours a week and coming home during nap time, then feeding her dinner and putting her down for bed, I felt like I missing so much, so it was either I start working with my dad or move on. Wells didn't make it a very good chance for that to happen, so I vented to a good friend and it just so happened her brother in law was looking to hire in the financial industry! So, we were leaving for San Diego and he called me on our drive. I did my interview the following week and submitted my two weeks soon after! I have been incredibly lucky to have landed my amazing position with Acute here in Mesa! I get to stay in the industry, work part time and also work from home some of the time! My company consists of such wonderful, nice, funny and hard working people, who I couldn't appreciate more! 

Emma was a great eater, she loved napping, slept 8+ hours from within her first week on. We were able to still go out to dinners while she'd sleep in her carrier, traveling was a breeze! Date nights were frequent with Mimi and Papa Herr babysitting often! Thank you! Then we got to go to Temecula for a quick one night trip thanks to Oma and Papa Brennan watching Emma at 3 months before I headed back to work! Holidays were a bit hectic between visiting both families for Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving, but we love spending time with both our families, so it's hard to pass up those memories for now. We didn't celebrate her first Halloween due to having my gallbladder out and 3 hernias (2 groin ones were found, thank goodness) repaired. My OB with Emma told me I was just experiencing normal hormones making my body go back to usual due to nursing for so long. Ladies - always go with your gut and don't settle. Well, finally after sharp pains, I went to my general doctor, who found kidney stones, gallstones and an umbilical hernia. I had an MRI done for a groin hernia, which showed nothing, luckily my surgeon decided to balloon me up and look around and found two, I'm so grateful, because I can walk pain free again! I felt like such a weirdo when just pain walking was so painful, like nothing I've ever experienced. Anyway, I wasn't as mobile or active as I would've liked to have been post pregnancy this first year, but it is what it is and we had a lot of fun! I loved watching Paul become a dad and have some passion in his life, making his little girl smile and laugh! This is what life is all about - laughing, smile and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment